Custom Input is a merit you can add to your metamap that allows you to verify your users by filling out a questionnaire. You can use this merit in addition to or to replace the Documentation Verification merit.
Contact us to enable this feature
Contact your account manager or email [email protected].
🌎 Available globally
The Custom Input merit lets you control the data your users provide, including:
- What data users provide
- How to organize the data
- How users can enter data
- What data is mandatory or optional
When you add a Custom Input merit to your metamap, you can choose to:
- Add an input field users to enter their
- Add a group to group a user's data into categories
- Add a selector with sub-input to create different user flows dependent on user choices (such as different document types)
When you add a field to your questionnaire you can specify a field system name for you internal purposes, as well as a field display name that faces your users.
You can configure your fields to be one of four data types:
- Alpha-numeric (letters and number)
- Date picker (select a date from a pull-down calendar)
- Checkbox (pick one or more options from a list)
- Selector (pick one option from a list)
Create a group to help organize your user's data. You can also use groups to nest data.
When you add a group to your questionnaire, you can add a system name for your internal system use, and a group display name that faces your users. You can also add a thumbnail to the group to help users differentiate groups.
After you have finished naming your group, you can add the following to your group:
Add a selector when you need to create data-dependent user flows.
The selector screen lets give the selection a system name for you internal system use
After you have finished naming your selector, you can:
- Add options
- Name options
- Add fields to the options
There are 2 ways you can use MetaMap's Custom Input:
- Direct Link — Send your users a link to enter their information on MetaMap's prebuilt UX
- MetaMap Button — Integrate our MetaMap Button SDK into your application to use our prebuilt UX
If you are not a developer, or you don't have the resources to integrate at this time, you can start using MetaMap's Custom Input product in minutes without any code with our Direct Link.
- Set up the metamap for Custom Input in the dashboard
- Get the Direct Link
- Send the Direct Link to your users
Use our SDK integration if you want to use MetaMap's verification tools but design your own Custom Input experience for your users.
Custom Input will produce one of three results:
- Marked for manual review
There are two ways you can process verification results for Custom Input:
- In the Dashboard
- Using Webhooks
In the Dashboard, visit the Verifications tab, and click on a Verification to review the results. These are the checks that indicate whether or not a user has passed a Custom Input verification: Rejected/Review needed.
Updated about 1 month ago