Phone check is a tool you can add to your workflow that confirms the individual owns a phone number and verifies the risk associated with that phone number.
🌎 Available globally
We will send the individual a 4-digit code via SMS that they will have to enter during their verification so you can be sure the individual owns the phone number. You can customize this SMS by adding your company name.
MetaMap will check the phone number's transactional risk by looking at network behavior to calculate a risk score for that phone number. You can set whether you want to accept a low, medium, high or custom threshold for risk scores. Based on your configuration, MetaMap helps to flag verifications with phone numbers that are above the risk threshold you specify.
Here's what your customers will see if you use Metamap's prebuilt UX:
There are 3 main steps to set up the Phone Check tool:
- Setup your workflow on the dashboard
- Integrate or use MetaMap's Direct Link
- Process verification results
You can make the following choices:
- Make Phone Check optional
- Add your company name to the SMS sent to the individual
- Enable Risk Analysis and choose a risk level
Currently you can use Metamap's Phone Check in one of three ways:
- Direct Link
- Metamap Button — Integrate our MetaMap Button SDK into your application to use our prebuilt UX
- API — Integrate our API into your application and build your own UX
Use our SDK integration if you want to use Metamap's verification tools but design your own experience for your customers.
Use our API Integration if you want to use MetaMap's Phone Check endpoints but design your own experience for your customers.
You will need to configure your webhooks, then handle the webhook responses that will be sent to your webhook URL.
Updated about 21 hours ago